Sustainability is a key consideration at every level of our operation, from the fabric of the building to our business processes. Ever mindful of our responsibility to protect our environment and our planet, we are constantly looking at ways to optimise our use of resources and minimise our impact.
We are proud that:
- The building in which the clinic is located has a BREEAM rating of 'Excellent', the highest sustainability rating achievable for a building of this type.
- High efficiency LED lighting has been adopted throughout the clinic, on proximity sensors, ensuring they are never running unnecessarily.
- High quality, low maintenance materials have been used throughout to maximise our long term sustainability via a good life cycle performance.
- All timber used in our construction is 'FSC certified' designation, so is harvested from forests that are responsibly managed, socially beneficial and environmentally conscious.
- Paints on our walls and surfaces are 'low VOC' which means they contain significantly less volatile substances that easily become vapours or gases.
- All clinical areas are provided with ventilation systems incorporating high efficiency heat recovery, and heat pump heating and cooling
- We are retaining base build servicing through 70% of the facility and reusing (recycling) this where possible.
- The retained primary heating and cooling system in the building derives its energy from a ground source heat pump, increasing efficiency and eliminating emissions.
- Our medical devices aren’t left idling during downtime. They can be fully switched off.
- Our refuse is carefully segregated between recyclable and pharmaceutical wastes.
- Our online medical services reduce the need for our patients to travel.