1. Definitions & Interpretation
“Account” means an account required for a user to access certain areas of our Site, as detailed in clause 3;
“Content” means any & all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases & any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, our Site;
“User” means a user of our Site; &
“We/Us/Our” means Med24 Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales under company number 11652936, whose registered address is 3rd Floor 1 Ashley Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, United Kingdom, WA14 2DT.
2. Access to our Site
- Access to our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any & all arrangements necessary in order to access our Site.
- Access to our Site is provided “as is” & on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue our Site (or any part of it) at any time & without notice. Except in accordance with our Terms & Conditions of Membership (copies of which are available on request), we will not be liable to you in any way if our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Certain parts of our Site may require an Account in order to access them.
- You may not create an Account if you are under 18 years of age.
- When creating an Account, the information you provide must be accurate & complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your Account is kept up-to-date.
- We recommend that you choose a strong password for your Account, consisting of a combination of lowercase & uppercase letters, numbers, & symbols. It is your responsibility to keep your password safe. You must not share your Account with anyone else. If you believe your Account is being used without your permission, please contact us immediately. We will not be liable for any unauthorised use of your Account.
- Any personal information provided in your Account will be collected, used & held in accordance with your rights & our obligations under the law, as set out in clause 12.
- If you wish to close your Account, you may do so at any time. Closing your Account will result in the removal of your information. Closing your Account will also remove access to any areas of our Site requiring an Account for access.
4. Usage of our Site
- You may only use our Site in a manner that is lawful & that complies with the provisions of this clause 4. Specifically:
- you must not use our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use our Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; &
- you must not use our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- When communicating in any way using our Site, you must not post, communicate information or otherwise do anything that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful, or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes, assists in, or constitutes any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or otherwise likely to deceive;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy or otherwise uses their personal data in a way that you do not have a right to;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive;
- implies any form of affiliation with us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, patents, trade marks & database rights) of any other party; or
- is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties & duties of confidence.
- suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your Account &/or your right to access our Site;
- issue you with a written warning;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any & all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as we deem reasonably necessary; &/or
- any other actions which we deem reasonably appropriate (& lawful).
5. Intellectual Property Rights
- All Content on our Site & the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by us. All such Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom & international intellectual property laws & treaties.
- You may:
- Access, view & use our Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- Download our Site (or any part of it) for caching;
- Print from our Site;
- Download, copy, clip, print, or otherwise save extracts from pages on our Site; &
- Save pages from our Site for later &/or offline viewing.
- You may not systematically copy Content from our Site with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory, or database unless given our express permission to do so.
- You may not otherwise reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use Content or any other material from our Site unless clearly given express permission to do so.
- Our status as the owner & author of the Content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
6. Links to our Site
- You may link to our Site provided that:
- you do so in a fair & legal manner;
- you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on our part where none exists;
- you do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on our Site without our express written permission; &
- you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
- You may link to any page of our Site.
- Framing or embedding of our Site on other websites is not permitted without our express written permission.
- You may not link to our Site from any other site the content of which contains any material prohibited in clause 4.2.
7. Links to Other Sites
Links to other sites may be included on our Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on our Site is for information only & does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
8. Disclaimers & Legal Rights
- Nothing on our Site constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. In particular, we make no representation or warranty that any part of our Site is suitable for use in business or that any part of it constitutes accurate data &/or advice on which decisions can be based.
- As far as is permitted by law, we make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software & hardware, or that it will be secure.
- If, as a result of our failure to exercise reasonable care & skill, any digital content from our Site created by us damages your device or other digital content belonging to you, if you are a consumer, you may be entitled to certain legal remedies. For more details concerning your rights & remedies as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that our Content on our Site is complete, accurate, & up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that such Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
- We are not responsible for the content or accuracy of, or for any opinions, views, or values expressed in content uploaded by users. Any such opinions, views, or values are those of the relevant user & do not reflect our opinions, views, or values in any way.
9. Our Liability
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on our Site.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, & guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to our Site or any Content included on our Site.
- If you are a business user, we accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our Site is free from viruses and other malware. Subject to sub-clause 9.3, we accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of our Site (including the downloading of any Content from it) or any other site referred to on our Site.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
10. Viruses, Malware and Security
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware. We do not, however, guarantee that our Site is secure or free from viruses or other malware and accept no liability in respect of the same, as detailed in clause 9.4.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via our Site.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of our Site, the server on which our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to our Site.
- You must not attack our Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions of clauses 10.3 to 10.5 you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
11. Privacy and Cookies
12. Data Protection
- All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
14. Contacting us
To contact us, please email us at email@example.com or using any of the methods provided on our contact page.
15. Law and Jurisdiction
- If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in clause 15.1 above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.